CJ City Properties Limited are committed to protecting the privacy of users of this Site. This policy describes the types of information collected, how that information is used and disclosed, and how you can access, modify, or delete your information.
This policy may vary from time to time so please check it regularly.
For the purposes of this policy, the “data controller” is CJ CITY PROPERTIES LIMITED, 10 EDWARD ST, CARLSLE CA1 2EX
HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
1. We collect information about you when you register with us or enquire about our properties or services we provide either in person, online or on the telephone.
You will have filled in an enquiry form from either our website or a third party website requesting either more information or a viewing. Alternatively to will have called us to discuss your request. We would record such details to enable us to record your details.
2. Entering into a competition or promotion hosted by ourselves :
You may provide us with personal data when you subscribe to these services either online or through a physical form.
3. Viewing Checklist:
You will typically provide us with your email address and mobile number when you view our properties and completed the Viewing Checklist form.
4. Website usage:
We may also collect information from you automatically when you access and use our Online Services, including the time and duration of your visit, the referring URL, your Internet Protocol (IP) or MAC address, the type of device you use and its operating system. As with most websites, we also operate cookies on ours and further details can be found in the section on cookies below.
5. Various Surveys:
We also collect information when you voluntarily complete surveys.
6. Interaction with social media:
Depending on the Privacy setting you have applied in your Social Media accounts, and based on the content that you choose to share, when you interact with our Social Media presence we will have access to your user generated content, such as posts, comments, pages, profiles and images. Also depending on the Privacy setting you have applied in your Social Media accounts, and based on the content that you choose to share, we may have access to contact details, personal information (such as age, gender, employer, education, location and habits and preferences).
7. Miscellaneous Forms:
There are miscellaneous forms at site which can also record your personal information – for example lost property.
In all of the above instances, we will only provide you with email marketing where you have consented, however if we have sent you email marketing by mistake, please remember that you can withdraw this consent or request to be taken off at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link within the emails you have been sent. Where we send you information electronically, we review whether the communication has been opened and whether you have clicked on any links in the communication. This is because we want to make sure that our communications are useful for you.
We also use third party marketing agencies who may have access to your personal details to devise email marketing campaigns, to provide customer insight through the analysis of data and to collect personal data on our behalf. We store your information in a secure marketing database hosted by a third party which we use to also generate our email marketing campaigns.
In relation to third parties, we ensure that they will also safeguard your data – please see Protection of Your Information below.
FOR WHAT PURPOSE IS IT COLLECTED
The personal information gathered through Marketing is for our legitimate business interests, this includes to:
· Collect data obtained through our interaction with customers for research, analysis, testing, monitoring, risk management and administrative purposes including the optimisation of service delivery at our properties and to improve the customer experience.
· Promote our site externally.
· We frequently ask for postcode during our customer interactions to help us better understand our customers. We share this data with third parties without any personal identifiers to assist with our insight and analysis.
For the loyalty programme, competitions and promotions, the legal basis is also to form a contract with you to provide these services and promotions.
DATA MINIMISATION AND RETENTION
We will only keep personal information for as long as we have a valid reason for keeping it. After that, we delete or dispose of the information securely. Where you unsubscribe from our marketing, we will add your email address to our suppression list and delete any additional information that we hold about you.
Where you have provided your details in relation to a competition, we will delete your personal data when the competition has finished (unless you have consented to your information being used for marketing purposes).
For any contractual purpose, your personal data will be held for as long as is required to execute the contract.
HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM YOU?
When an incident occurs at one of our properties, we are required to document the particulars of an incident which may include witness statements, CCTV footage, photographs, recorded images and written reports. This information may include special categories of data depending on the nature of the incident. Details relating to these incidents and physical paperwork may also be stored on site.
The data may be shared with third parties such as insurance providers and legal advisors in order to defend a claim, government organisations who we are required to report on incidents by law or the police to investigate a crime.
FOR WHAT PURPOSE IS IT COLLECTED
This information is collected to ensure that we comply with its legal responsibilities in relation to Health and Safety investigation and reporting, and also for defending future legal claims. The information can also be used to prevent and detect crime, or to protect the vital interests of individuals. Where health information is collected we may also need this for our substantial public interest for Insurance processing.
DATA MINIMISATION AND RETENTION
All personal data (CCTV, Witness Statements, Photographs and written reports) relating to the incident to be recorded for six years, unless there are reasons to retain it for longer, such as ongoing HSE investigation, a suspected pattern of fraud, or because an injury has been sustained by a child.
In addition to the purposes already described, we may use Information collected to perform other important business operations, for example: to understand usage patterns with our houses; to develop, provide, improve and personalise products and services; and, to provide customer service/support. We may undertake additional research, analysis, and surveys, both online and in our houses. The lawful basis for this use of Information is for the legitimate business interests of CJ City Properties Ltd.
OTHER THIRD-PARTY TRANSFERS NOT DETAILED PREVIOUSLY
We may pass on or allow access to your information:
· to our suppliers if there is a delivery or technical issues pertaining to your house;
· to our contractors if there needs to be a specific arrangement to carry out maintenance or repairs at your house;
· to professional advisors where this is necessary for them to provide services and facilities to us, for example:
· to any purchaser of all or part of our business or any of our properties to which the Online Service relates;
· to sell, make ready for sale or dispose of our business in whole or in part including to any potential buyer or their advisers;
· to the landlord of the property that we manage;
· where we are required to do so by law, court order or other legal process;
· where, acting in good faith, we believe disclosure is necessary to assist in the investigation or reporting of suspected illegal or other wrongful activity. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
· to protect and defend our rights or property;
· to deal with any misuse of any of our Services; or
· in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements with third parties.
PROTECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We have in place administrative, technical and physical measures designed to guard against and minimise the risk of loss, misuse or unauthorised processing or disclosure of the personal information that we hold. We place similar obligations on our third parties and risk assess their security based on the sensitivity of the personal data that they hold.
If we transfer your personal information outside of the EEA, it will continue to be subject to one or more appropriate safeguards set out in the law. These might be the use of model contracts in a form approved by regulators, or having our suppliers sign up to an independent privacy scheme approved by regulators (like the US ‘Privacy Shield’ scheme).
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
This Privacy Notice only applies to the websites provided by us. If you link to another service and/or website from here, you should remember to read and understand that service and/or website’s privacy and cookies policy as well. We are not responsible for any use of your information that is made by other services and/or websites. Links or advertisements do not imply that we endorse or have reviewed such third parties or their privacy practices.
You have the right to opt out of receiving any marketing information which we send you.
Your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your working relationship with us.
Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
· Subject to certain conditions, request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it. If possible, you should specify the type of information you would like to see to ensure that our disclosure is meeting your expectations. Your request may also not impact the rights and freedoms of other people, e.g. privacy and confidentiality rights of other staff.
· Subject to certain conditions, request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected. You also have a responsibility to help us to keep your personal information accurate and up to date. We encourage you to notify us of any changes regarding your personal data as soon as they occur, including changes to your contact details. This right only applies to your own personal data. When exercising this right, please be as specific as possible.
· Subject to certain conditions, request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. We may not be in a position to erase your personal data, if for example, we need it to (i) comply with a legal obligation, or (ii) exercise or defend legal claims. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
· Subject to certain conditions, object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
· Subject to certain conditions, request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
· Subject to certain conditions, request the transfer of your personal information to another party. If you exercise this right, you should specify the type of information you would like to receive (and where we should send it) where possible to ensure that our disclosure is meeting your expectations. This right only applies if the processing is based on your consent or on our contract with you and when the processing is carried out by automated means (i.e. not for paper records). It covers only the personal data that has been provided to us by you.
· Where our processing of your personal data is based on your consent you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. If you do decide to withdraw your consent we will stop processing your data for that purpose, unless there is another lawful basis we can rely on – in which case, we will let you know. If you withdraw your consent, this will only take effect for future processing.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact email@example.com.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights); however, if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
You can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office via https://ico.org.uk/ for information, advice or to make a complaint.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are necessary to operate our Online Services. They do not store any personally identifiable information. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but our Online Services will not work properly without these cookies.
· Performance Cookies: These cookies collect information in an anonymous manner about how visitors use our Online Services and how our Online Services perform. These cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and help us understand which pages are the most popular and where visitors spend most of their time.
· Functional Cookies: These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation, such as remembering choices you make or information you provide, what region you are in, your login information, or the pages you have viewed. They may be set by us or by third-party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
· Targeting Cookies: These cookies allow us and our advertisers to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and your interests. They may be used by us and our advertisers to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant advertisements on other sites. These cookies may track whether you clicked on an advertisement in order to limit the number of times you see a particular advertisement and help us understand the efficacy of our advertising campaigns. They do not directly store personal information, but uniquely identify your browser and device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising. We allow users to manage their cookie preferences on our website. Click “Cookie Settings” below to set your preferences.
CHANGES TO THE PRIVACY & COOKIES POLICY
This Privacy Notice was last updated on 23 May 2018. If it is necessary for us to alter the terms of the Privacy Notice, we will post the revised Privacy Notice here. We encourage you to frequently review the Privacy Notice for the latest information on our privacy practices.
HOW YOU CAN CONTACT US
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact email@example.com.